At Walsh Woodard, we have achieved successful outcomes for many of our clients, both in and out of the courtroom. Nothing in this website is a promise or guarantee about the outcome of any case. While every case is unique, the following are examples of some of our verdicts and settlements:
- $8,600,000 – Medical Malpractice – Anoxic injury suffered by patient in cardiac catheterization lab who was undergoing a procedure for the implantation of a temporary pacemaker.
- $5,500,000 – Pedestrian fatality – College student struck and killed by bus.
- $1,500,000 – Medical Malpractice – Failure of primary care physician to detect serious infection near heart.
- $1,300,000 – Product Liability – Death of man while using auger on tractor while digging fence post holes.
- $1,300,000 – Motor Vehicle – 17-year-old boy struck by vehicle while crossing street causing orthopedic and brain injuries.
- $1,300,000 – Motor Vehicle – Death of a man struck in an intersection crash.
- $1,300,000 – Dental Malpractice – The dentist instructed a patient with serious cardiac problems to discontinue her use of Coumadin prior to tooth extraction, without checking with her attending cardiologist. Following the tooth extraction, the patient suffered a debilitating stroke.
- $1,250,000 – Defective Premises – A manufacturer’s representative received debilitating injuries when he slipped and fell on ice, falling backwards and hitting his thoracic spine against the post of a low guard rail, resulting in a 9-month hospitalization with permanent deficits.
- $1,200,000 – Trucking – Death of a man after tractor-trailer crashed into rear of his vehicle on highway during ice storm.
- $1,000,000 – Surgical Malpractice – Several neurological deficits following surgery on herniated disc.
- $1,000,000 – Medical Malpractice – Birth Injury – Baby born with severe kidney damage due to physician’s negligence during delivery.
- $1,000,000 – Medical Malpractice – Failure to detect breast cancer on mammogram resulting in progression of disease.
- $1,000,000 – Medical Malpractice – Failure to properly detect that a patient was having a heart attack, ultimately leading to death.
- $925,000 – Pedestrian Injury – Pedestrian struck by vehicle while crossing a road at night.
- $900,000 – Trucking – Death of woman killed by tractor trailer truck.
- $845,000 – Legal Malpractice – Professional negligence of attorney in real estate transaction and conflict of interest.
- $777,230.69 – Motor Vehicle – A case involving injuries to a 19-year-old college student involved in a serious motor vehicle crash.
- $750,000 – Motor Vehicle – Fatal car crash settlement with unresolved issues over fault.
- $743,079 – Defective Premises – Fall down on stairs due to defective handrail aggravating prior back condition.
- $700,000 – Construction Site Negligence – A young man fell through stairway cutout at construction site that had no warnings.
- $675,000 – Medical Malpractice – Nerve injury following hip replacement.
- $650,000 – Medical Malpractice – Primary care physician failed to properly treat infection in diabetic foot.
- $650,000 – Medical Malpractice – Failure of physician to detect infection following breast surgery, necessitating further repair and revision surgery on breast.
- $625,616 – Inadequate security- Shooting death of a man at a nightclub patron by another patron. Due to lack of insurance the estate of deceased received ownership of building, which was subsequently sold.
- $500,000 – Medical Malpractice – Emergency room failed to detect compartment syndrome following injury by firework.
- $500,000 – Medical Malpractice – Misdiagnosis of serious digestive condition.
- $459,785.74 – Motor Vehicle – Knee injuries caused by drunk driver. Recovery from both driver and bar.
- $450,000 – Motor Vehicle – Facial injuries and scarring to young child by shattered glass in automobile collision.
- $450,000 – Medical Malpractice – Surgeons failed to detect bowel perforation following laparoscopic procedure to remove gallbladder.
- $425,019.62 – Civil Rights – Man subject to wrongful arrest by State Police at casino.
- $400,000 – Medical Malpractice – Hospital negligent post-operative care following shoulder surgery.
- $400,000 – Products Liability – Injuries caused by foreign object contained in packaged food item.
- $375,000 – Motor Vehicle – Neck and finger injury caused after reckless racing crash.
- $375,000 – Legal Malpractice – Failure of attorney to file lawsuit within statute of limitations.
- $375,000 – Nursing Home – Elderly woman fell out of wheelchair due to attendant’s negligence.
- $330,000 – Defective Premises – Ankle fractures due to untreated ice on private property.
- $300,000 – Motor Vehicle – Collision with fatal injuries and limited insurance coverage.
- $300,000 – Motor Vehicle – Policy limits recovered for three women, injured in automobile accident.
- $300,000 – Defective Premises – Fall on ice in donut shop parking lot causing severe ankle fracture.
- $295,000 – Legal Malpractice – Lost profits for lack of proper disclosure of conflicts related to business transactions.
- $275,000 – Motor Vehicle – Head-on collision involving a drunk driver resulting in foot injuries.
- $275,000 – Products Liability – Serious adverse consequences, including compulsive gambling, caused by defective drug.
- $267,000 – Motor Vehicle – Shoulder injuries sustained by pedestrian struck by car.
- $250,000 – Medical Malpractice – Failure to diagnose cancer.
- $250,000 – Trucking – Neurological injuries following rear-end collision by a tractor trailer truck, which subsequently evaded the scene of the collision.
- $250,000 – Sex Abuse – Adult male sexually molested as child.
- $250,000 – Products Liability – Serious adverse consequences, including compulsive gambling, caused by defective drug.
- $250,000 – Motor Vehicle – Rear-end crash where the plaintiff suffered permanent injuries to her neck.
- $229,110.04 – Premises Liability – Injuries caused by falling merchandise at a Wal-Mart store.
- $225,000 – Surgical Malpractice – Sponge left inside of the plaintiff following abdominal surgery.
- $225,000 – Defective Premises – Dentist sustained hand injuries due to fall in parking lot caused by ice and snow.
- $225,000 – Defective Premises – Serious low back injuries sustained by tenant as a result of defective stair treads in apartment complex.
- $225,000 – Serious neck injuries as a result of intersection motor vehicle collision.
- $225,000 – Motor Vehicle – 84-year-old woman walking in neighborhood struck by vehicle backing out of driveway.
- $225,000 – Defective Premises – Shoulder injury necessitating surgery caused by icy condition in car wash bay.
- $220,000 – Defective Premises – Serious back injuries sustained as a result of icy condition at self service gas station, recovery against gas station and snow plower.
- $205,000 – Defective Premises – Back and hip injury sustained by plaintiff while leaving work, due to black ice condition in parking lot.
- $200,000 – Defective Highway – Claim against State of Connecticut as a result of rear-end collision on Interstate 95, due to inadequately marked construction zone.
- $200,000 – Motor Vehicle – Injuries to knee and back, as well as burn injuries from air bag deployment caused by motor vehicle collision.
- $200,000 – Defective Premises – Injuries sustained in fall in convenience store parking lot.
- $175,000 – Defective Premises – Permanent knee injuries caused by fall on accumulated ice at place of employment.
- $165,000 – Medical Malpractice/Products Liability – Tip of uretal catheter broke off and migrated to kidney, necessitating removal surgery.
- $160,000 – Motor Vehicle – Pedestrian struck by motor vehicle.
- $150,000 – Motor Vehicle – Young woman injured when the motor vehicle she was a passenger in left the roadway, rolling several times.
- $150,000 – Motor Vehicle – Permanent neck and upper back injuries caused by rear-end collision at traffic control signal.